Vegan Holiday Fruit Cake
2 teaspoons Chia Seed
1/4 cup water
1/4 cup vegan margarine
1/2 cup Brown Sugar
6 oz. Raisins, Apricot, Cherries and Blueberries
1 1/4 cups water, or orange juice
1 3/5 cups all-purpose flour/ Gluten free
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon ground allspice
See Instructional Video
1. Gather the ingredients. Preheat the oven to 350 F.
2. Lightly grease and flour baking pan. You can also use an 8-inch
diameter cake pan if you prefer.
3. Using a fork, whip the chia seed in 4 tablespoons of water until
4.Place the vegan butter, sugar, candied fruit, whipped chia seeds, and
cup water (or orange juice) in a bowl. Mix thoroughly
5. In a large bowl, sift together the flour, baking powder, baking soda,
6.Mix in the boiled mixture until combined well and transfer
the batter to the greased loaf tin or a greased 8-inch diameter
7. Bake your vegan fruitcake in the preheated oven for 35 to 40
If you love this recipe then you'll love our vegan cook book. Over 60 quick nutritious meals that will help you lower your blood pressure and cholesterol!
Don't for get to join our upcoming class. Foods that combats dementia and strengthen the brain.